Do you love data collection? Does a clean database or organized Excel sheet make you feel calm and accomplished? Can you work independently and with groups? Are you able to proofread and find misatkes? Do you have a sense of humor? Can you complete tasks quickly? Do you want your evenings and weekends free? Do you love politics and want to impact elections across the country?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, this
administrative position may be for you.
At the Leadership Institute, the Grassroots Division takes the
trainings are done in the building on the road to communities across the country.
With as many as six trainings per weekend, the Grassroots team of traveling
teachers need assistance managing the paperwork and other special projects
that make the programs successful.
As the Grassroots Administrator, you can
work with campaign veterans and guest faculty currently campaigning.
You will get to know leaders in the states where we teach. You will help us
find venues, book travel, and file reimbursements. You will master the
Leadership Institute's databases and build graphics and presentations. You will
not have to get coffee, give tours, or drop off dry cleaning. This is a
professional position for someone looking to gain valuable office experience
and make connections that will expand their political horizons. The Grassroots
Team fully expects that you will use this position as a springboard from which
you can launch your career.
This is a full-time position with some ability to have flexible
hours. The workload will wax and wane with the political cycle.
This position is perfect for someone entering the workforce or
attending night school. It is also a great position for someone easing into
If this job description intrigues or excites you, join our team!
Compensation and Benefits:
The Grassroots Administrator will earn:
· $40-50,000 base salary DOE
- 100% employer paid HMO health insurance plan for employee and family
- Employer HSA contribution: ability to contribute additional funds to HSA and FSA.
- 100% employer-paid vision plan for employees and families.
- 100% employer-paid dental plan for employees and families with optional low-cost orthodontics coverage upgrade.
- SEP-IRA retirement plan employer contribution for eligible employees. Yearly contribution between 0-25% of annual earnings.
- 403(b) plan.
- Short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, $50,000 life insurance plan.
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plan and annual holidays.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligible employer.
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) plan and annual holidays starting on the first day of employment.
- Paid maternity leave.
- Parking or Metro benefits.
- Access to all Institute training and career development programs.
- Partial cell phone reimbursement for eligible employees.
Location and Travel:
The Grassroots Administrator will work from the Leadership Institute’s offices in Arlington, Virginia. Hybrid options (in-person and remote) are available on a case-by-case basis.
The Grassroots Administrator does not routinely travel but may be invited to assist at special events, conferences, and occasional training.
Candidates for this position must know and understand conservative philosophy with a dedication to grassroots activism and organization, political campaigning, or the public policy process. Candidates should also have strong interpersonal skills and should excel in written communication.
Previous campaign experience (even as a volunteer) is a bonus. Experience with Excel and PowerPoint is a must. Knowledge of and experience with graphic design software such as Photoshop, InDesign, and Canva is preferred but not necessary.
A positive, can-do attitude and the ability to learn new skills are required to succeed in this position. The Grassroots team will rely on your judgment and opinions. Participation in internal political policy discussions is encouraged.
How to apply
To apply, email your resume to Robert Arnakis at email@example.com.
Take Direction and Understand Instructions